Import mixed breed dogs from the US

• Hi -

The company I work for (a fortune 50 company) has asked that I relocate to Berlin from the US. It has come to my attention that I may have two "listenhunds." This category does not exist in the US. According to our veterinarian in the US, they are "bulldog mix" and "hound mix," though they may appear to some to have the blocky-headed look of a "pit bull." Because of their appearance, would they be banned from entry to Germany? Even if their paperwork is not listed as such? I understand there are many rules and regulations - the wesentest, insurance, microchipping, spay/neuter, and all of that I am happy to comply with.

Has anyone done this before? Thank you.

You should ask the German embassy. In some states there are lists of breeds and their crosses that are not permitted to own, import or breed, there is the category one list of strictly prohibited breeds and the category two list of breeds that can be kept and bred if they pass a test that proves the harmlessness of an individual. I don't know how states without these dangerous breeds lists handle the import of dogs of this kind.

Though in all states with such lists staff or pitbulls and their crosses are automatically category one and therefor banned.

The embassy is your competent partner to clarify your question.

• bitte nicht das importverbot mit den rasselisten verwechseln.

das importverbot gilt für die rassen american pit bull terrier, american staffordshire terrier, staffordshire bullterrier und bullterrier und deren mixe.

die hundegesetze und -verordnungen regeln das in den einzelnen bundesländern, das importverbot gilt deutschlandweit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!